Personally, I am a much bigger fan of this look, with more natural eyebrows and lips filled within the natural lines.
Key features of 1940s make up were:
- Foundation: matched to your natural colour - moving away from the pale look of the 30s.
- Cheeks: Rosy pink
- Brows: Well plucked but full, arched eyebrows - moving away from thin eyebrows of the 30s. Brush with matt eyebrow power, set well with either eyebrow wax or vaseline.
- Eyes: no eyeshadow or neutral cream base. Lots of mascara on top lashes only.
- Lips: Focus was on full lips, the top lip rounded (unlike 1930s make up). All colours reds, fuchsia - anything to impress. The 40s were the golden age of lipstick!
No 1: Basic 1940s beauty routine
While very basic, I really love how these ladies put emphasis on looking after themselves.
2. And here is a more comtemporary version of 1940s make up - by the fabulous strawberrykoivintage:
Et voila! Now off you go and look after your eye brows and put on some pretty lipstick :)