06 May 2010

2 Ways - one works, one doesn't

On Tuesday, I was talking about outfits for when season are in transition (speak autumn and spring). It's getting cold here in South Australia, so I was playing around with my skirts to see which ones I can wear with warmer clothes in winter.

This skirt is one of my favourites. The print and detail are amazing.


But it's interesting how some outfits just don't work. I couldn't get this skirt to work as a winter version - no matter what colour or pattern tights, top or shoes I tried.

So I decided that this little number will have to wait til next summer. This is how I like to wear it:

Necklace, second-hand
Singlet, Sportsgirl
Skirt, vintage bought in Victor Harbor
Sandals, Witchery
And here is one of my 'fail' version:


You may think - why is she wearing long sleeves, grey tights... Surely a cap t-shirt with a cropped jacket and different colour tights or shoes would work. No. Believe me. I tried everything. I turned my whole wardrobe upside down and my search to find something to wear with this in colder weather was a total disaster.

Ah well, waiting for next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment