16 May 2010

Opshopping: Nook Vintage, Melbourne

So last weekend I was in Melbourne for work and after a nice Sunday brunch at Veggie Bar in Fitzroy with some friends, I decided to roam wild on the numerous vintage and second-hand stores in the area.

And I must say - I would move to Fitzroy if I had to live in Melbourne! I love the people, shops and cafes. Such a lovely atmosphere.

I found a couple of good stores and the first one I want to tell you about is Nook on Johnston Street.

Publish Post


It's worth a visit for so many reasons. There are a few things I feel set it apart for other reasons:
  • Extremely well selected range of item- the store is quite small, but every item in there is quirky - theyhave everything from clothes, boots, hats, jewellery, furniture, books,paintings, toys...
  • You can buy everything - including all the probs!
  • An owner who knows customer service- Rachel, one of the owners was so lovely and greeted every singlecustomer. This is so rare in vintage shops, it was really refreshing. When I tried to find someboots, Rachel even offered to give me a call and send some pictures when shegets some more in my size. Now that's greatservice!
  • They've got layby and gift wrapping. Again, this is so unusual in vintage stores who don't usually even offer you a bag!
  • And lastly, they source pieces - so give them a call if you have been looking for something for ages.

Nook Vintage
258 Johnston Street, Fitzroy Victoria (Australia)
T 0417 187 196
E nook.vintage@gmail.com
Open: Wed-Fri 11-6pm Sa-Sun 12-6pm

2 comments:

M L Jassy said...

I certainly do love op shops. Such a frisson to find my doppleganger of sorts.

Nook Vintage said...

Take a look at new peices and promomotions happening in Nook Vintage on the blog...

http://nookvintage.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment