And I must say - I would move to Fitzroy if I had to live in Melbourne! I love the people, shops and cafes. Such a lovely atmosphere.
I found a couple of good stores and the first one I want to tell you about is Nook on Johnston Street.
It's worth a visit for so many reasons. There are a few things I feel set it apart for other reasons:
- Extremely well selected range of item- the store is quite small, but every item in there is quirky - theyhave everything from clothes, boots, hats, jewellery, furniture, books,paintings, toys...
- You can buy everything - including all the probs!
- An owner who knows customer service- Rachel, one of the owners was so lovely and greeted every singlecustomer. This is so rare in vintage shops, it was really refreshing. When I tried to find someboots, Rachel even offered to give me a call and send some pictures when shegets some more in my size. Now that's greatservice!
- They've got layby and gift wrapping. Again, this is so unusual in vintage stores who don't usually even offer you a bag!
- And lastly, they source pieces - so give them a call if you have been looking for something for ages.
258 Johnston Street, Fitzroy Victoria (Australia)
T 0417 187 196
Open: Wed-Fri 11-6pm Sa-Sun 12-6pm